About AIC (ASEAN Insurance Council)
AIC is an organisation under ASEAN, which comprises 13 member insurance associations from 8 ASEAN member states including :
- Brunei Insurance and Takaful Association (BITA)
- Insurance Association of Cambodia (IAC)
- Life Insurance Association of Indonesia (AAJI)
- General Insurance Association of Indonesia (AAUI)
- Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM)
- Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM)
- Philippine Life Insurance Association,Inc. (PLIA)
- Philippine Insurers & Reinsurers Association, Inc. (PIRA)
- General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA)
- Life Insurance Association of Singapore (LIA)
- Thai General Insurance Association (TGIA)
- Thai Life Assurance Association (TLAA); and
- Insurance Association of Vietnam (IAV).
AIC was established on the 4th of April 1978 and has a strong vision to be a regional platform for insurance leaders, professionals and practitioners to network and share their knowledge as well as their expertise in various areas of insurance business for the development of insurance industry in ASEAN region, especially in working towards the ASEAN Market Integration.